- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium squash, peeled,seeded and cubed (Trader Joe's has it pre cubed for you)
- 1 celery,chopped
- 1 32 ounce container chicken stock
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pot, and cook the onion, celery, carrot, potatoes, and squash 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Pour in enough of the chicken stock to cover vegetables. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 40 min or until all veggies are tender.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Return to pot and mix in remaining stock to attain your consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.